Storage solutions to make your spring clean look good
Whatever size your home is, there never seems to be enough space for all of life’s clutter.
Whether it’s kids toys, clothes you’re hanging onto for when they might just fit, or just assorted knick-knacks that you’re reluctant to let go of, storage is always at a premium in busy households.
But the good news is that a spring clean is the perfect time to reclaim your household and conceal the clutter with some clever household storage solutions. Here are seven ways to reclaim control and organise your home.
1. Sweet storage dreams – whether you have a divan or traditional bed, the space underneath is usually the perfect place to hide away items such as autumn and winter clothing, spare shoes, towels and bedding, and anything else that isn’t used daily.
2. Behind every door is – a potential space saver. Hooks and over-door racks can quickly offer storage solutions for even the busiest households, be it towels, clothes, or even items that need to be dried out of sight.
3. Go high – if you’re still struggling for space, remember that to take advantage of as much vertical space as you have. This means tall, narrow storage shelving that doesn’t take up floor space, and hidden shelving above doors. Just make sure you don’t need constant access to the highest objects.
4. Stack your storage – need storage that’s modular, stackable and budget friendly? Look no further than storage cubes, which offer a quick and easy way to get your house shipshape.
5. Seal the deal – if you’re fighting to fit another jumper into a drawer, then save your arms the hassle with reusable vacuum storage bags that will compress anything you don’t need regular access to. Watch as it magically shrinks!
6. Put your feet up – some people call them ottomans, others storage trunks, or simply benches, but there’s no denying that these multi-purpose items function as both a great way to hide your mess, while also offering a place to enjoy a well-deserved sit down.
7. Rack to the future – If there’s one thing that makes a house look messy, it’s shoes piling up in corners, hallways and shelves. But don’t despair. A clever shoe rack can quickly reclaim floor space.